Friday, January 20, 2017

When 'IT' became a 'She'

Not so long ago,  I was addressing the minion as 'IT' like - "It is sleeping", "It is crying".. you get the picture, right?  I was not comfortable with 'she'. 'She' made it seem all real and I was just not ready for it.

And now with just a blink of an eye ,  'she' is 5 months old. Whoa! 5 months already! Wait, did I just say 'she' ? How did that happen?

I am usually pretty good with dates and events but when I think how/when this transition happened, I really don't know. All I know is it just happened and she is no longer an  'it' to me. And now, 'It' seems so weird. What was I even thinking!

Apart from the 'It - She' transition, lots of other things happened during these 5 months. I'd like to write  detailed posts about it all, but know what, by the time I get to 5 months milestones, we would very well be celebrating her 5th birthday. That is how fast she is growing or that is how lazy I am.


So here is the 5th month update for now. Let me see if I can make up for the last four months sometime soon


From sleeping 20+ hrs a day, she  barely sleeps during the day now. But I am happy she is not so much a troubled sleeper during nights.

Obsessed with her fingers. She got to check if all her fingers are still there every now and then.


Talking of fingers, she loves to suck them like it's her full time job.



Talking of sucking fingers,  her new found hobby is chewing anything and everything that is in her reach.


Loves to grab anything and everything she can.


Loves to scream and make all sorts of weird grunts.

Loves giggling to anything amma does ( however lame it might be)




Loves to dress up and pose for pictures.


Loves her bath that appa gives.

Hates appa's beard and tries to bite him if he tries to annoy her. Self defense, go girl!

Gets excited the minute appa comes back from work.

Rolls over every other second and calls out to amma to put her to back. More about it here



Needs amma  by her side all the time and cries the second amma leaves the room. Check out my post on that here

Tries really hard to speak. Few words that she tried her best and  close to success - "happy birthday", "thank you" and "hi".

Loves her nap on the couch.

Pulls off her puppy face and fake cries like a pro.

Loves her car rides.

Expresses opinions about food already! You should have seen her reaction for dhal. Oh, you better see it!


She will be the only minion who doesn't like bananas but... WAIT FOR IT.. loves beetroots! Howwwww!

More interested in the food we eat than her's.

And most importantly, the twinkle in her eyes and the beautiful smile on her face tells us how much she loves us and how blessed we are to have this little angel as our baby every single day!

I can go on and on and on.. but let me stop with this for now!

I started taking pictures of her on the couch only recently.When I look back at those pictures, I just can't believe how much she has grown in the last 5 months. How I wish I have more pictures of her on the couch from day 1.

#AnikaOnTheCouch


4 comments:

  1. Such a cutie..Yes babies are angels in disguise..No wonder we get so obsessed. I bet even if u had taken a zillion pictures on the couch, u would still feel "I could have taken more".Wishing anika darling a long healthy life. I wouldn't say ur lazy..anika is too fast, I would never accept the laziness part coz reality pinches me hard��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vids <3 <3 You are absolutely right! No amount of pictures will make us feel it is enough :)

      Delete
  2. I love how she checks on her fingers, that adorable puppy face she makes and her angelic smile that melts my heart!! <3

    ReplyDelete