Thursday, December 14, 2017

Minion's India Haul ( Favorites)

We got back from our India vacation  last week and still in the process of settling down. Gosh, the hangover is real.

Anika had a wonderful time getting all pampered by the family (special mention: the grandparents). She enjoyed chasing behind dogs, Moo'ng at the cows, calling out for Autos, all the attention she got during her Chitapa's wedding and so many other precious moments that has made it to the 'beautiful memories of her childhood' which she will one day listen to.

We got back not only with truck loads of memories but also suitcases filled with goodies and I figured I might as well share some of my favorites from this trip.

1. School bus storage bin



This is the coolest bin I have ever seen! It is a storage bin that looks like a school bus from outside. I stumbled upon a Facebook group for toys and bought this from the 'mompreneur' who runs the group. It is really sturdy and the quality is just great. Holds up to 40 books ( depending on the size of the book) and of course it can be used to store toys or just about anything.


2. Nat Geo kids book

This is a set of 3 books - Animals, Space and Why.  Although it is available in US, it turned out to be way cheaper in India. Minion is obsessed with the book of animals. She enjoys identifying the animals and have even started naming some of them. I can't wait for her to get hooked to the other two. I am sure the book will grow with her for years to come. I bought this set from another mompreneur in another Facebook group




3. Naisha series

This is a set of 12 books and revolves around the main character named 'Naisha'. It takes us along with Naisha to mall, farm, zoo, airport, park etc. It introduces the toddler to sight words and helps relate to everyday objects.



No surprises, I got this from a mom in a facebook group! I am yet to read it with the minion. Hoping she likes it especially after seeing so many great reviews. Will keep this space updated.

4. Good night stories for  Rebel Girls

OH.MY.GOD! I was literally screaming in joy when I ordered this book. I have been eyeing this book for the longest time and just couldn't bring myself to buy it for $35. Yes it costs $35 in the US. So I was waiting for the right deal and oh boy, am I glad that I waited!  Guess what, I found this book on amazon.in for Rs400. Whattttt! That is close to only $7. A steal! Come on! You got to scream with me now! $35 and $7 Yayyy!



Unfortunately, the book got delivered only the day after I left India. But as always, what are friends and family for. I am sure it will soon reach me and I can't wait to read it with the mini.

5. Firstcry.com

Firstcry.com is my go-to website for clothes for the minion and I have always been pleased.

I really love the PJs that I got for her this time. And this is my personal favorite!




How cute is that.

The quality is great and the price point works great too.

I had ordered couple of dresses for the wedding and this is my absolute favorite.




So firstcry.com - strongly recommend.

As you can see ,this the minion's haul. Let me know if you would like a post on the amma's haul (although its not a lot)

1 comment:

  1. Coolest storage bin and anika the cute lil ad model on top of the bus adds beauty😍. I loved first cry dresses too. Quality really good for the price.

    ReplyDelete