Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Jillu And Ammu

There can be nothing more precious than watching your baby bond with your mom. My mom fondly calls the Minion - 'Jillu' and although I call my mom by different name, 'ammu' rhymes better, so 'ammu' it is!



They have an amazing bond right from the very beginning. No kidding! Just look at the way 'Jillu' looks at 'Ammu' on day 1.




And that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. They say, "Grand mom is little bit of parent, little bit of teacher and a little bit of best friend". I totally agree!  'Ammu' is all that and more to 'Jillu'. 

Month 1

Jillu loved her exclusive time with paati in the early mornings and enjoyed chilling away to her heart's content.


'Jillu' need not say it aloud or show in actions, but it is right there in her eyes and smile! She always reserves the best of her smiles for 'Ammu'. She is always the happiest when it is her paati holding her! 

Look at these two - matching outfits! 


When you are held by someone who loves you unconditionally, happiness is an understatement, right?



My mom had to return back to India when the Minion was 4 months old and I was feeling bad more for the little one than for myself. It was really beautiful to see their friendship blossoming day by day and felt really guilty to separate them by distance. 

Airport scene

We were not sure if the Minion would feel the absence at home as we felt she was too small then. But surprisingly, she did! She cried for no reason at all in the afternoons for couple of days. I like to believe it is because she missed her paati.

I cannot wait for these two be reunited when we go to India this year.

 Until then, here are some of my favorite videos of my favorite girls-


Their conversations when she was 2.5 months old



This little stinker went to her paati to complain about me when she was 3 months old. All I did was give her milk when she was not hungry!



Play time with paati


Those giggles


2 comments:

  1. Really an awesome bond. I love the complaining video. Ive watched it umpteen times. Kisses to anika. Grannies are guradian angels, best friends, guides and above all experienced teachers. Ammu and jillu love the title. So rhyming and I'm sure ammu will miss jillu million tons and so will jillu miss ammu.Just that they dont use a language to express. They use the universal language love which could be well understood by loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious!! <3 Jillu resembles Ammu too to an extent. :)

    ReplyDelete