Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Father's Day

As much as I love giving surprises, I fail miserably most of the times because

A. I just cannot keep the surprise with me for a long time. I get so excited that I have this dying urge to blurt it out.

B. I suck at telling spontaneous lies. My eyes would just give it away as I try to fabricate a story.

C. Universe is always playing the game against me.

If you read my post on Mother's day, you will know that I am all about celebrating the 'firsts' and also how the husband made my first mother's day special to me. When it was father's day, it was only fair that I make it special for him.


#1 The Idea 

I came up with this awesome idea of making him a greeting card on a canvas on behalf of his little girl. I was planning to place it near the coffee station on the morning of father's day. 

#2 Shopping

I was able to successfully sneak around and shop for the canvas and was also able to hide it in a place the husband would dare not enter - my closet!

#3 The Execution

Husband, mother in law and I were watching TV on the Friday just before Father's day. i excused myself for not feeling well and that I would like some sleep.I headed to my bed room all set to execute the plan. 

This is where the universe plays it dirty on me! The husband who is usually so engrossed while watching the television had this sudden instinct to check on me to make sure I was doing okay. So there he was, heading to my room while I was proudly working on my card. I was able to hear the footsteps and ran to hide the things away and act like I was sleeping.But damn, no! He was right there as I was trying to run back from the closet to bed.  

And the look on my face! That gave it all away and it took him less than few seconds to find out what was going on. But luckily, I was almost done with it and so it happened to be an early father's day gift.

The joy on his face when he saw it and the way he kept exclaiming proudly, "My daughter's first gift!" - that made me forget the fact that the surprise was actually ruined and it reiterated the two things I always believe - 

You do not really need father's day to celebrate daddies but every day is one! 

And, you do not always need expensive gifts to make someone happy. It's the little things which are heartfelt that actually counts!"

So here is the gift from my little one to her dad 





No comments:

Post a Comment